Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 To Do List Extravaganza!

Okay. In an attempt to disgust myself, or to politely point out my shortcomings and bask in my rousing successes, I'm again this year, going to check in on my progress from last year's To Do List/New Year's Resolutions.


Here is my list from last New Years along w/ current thoughts/sharings on their individual status (stati?)...

1) Reading for “Tonight I Shall Lease Your Soul”

This is DONE! No "if's", "and's" or "but's" about it! One out of eight!

2) Trailer for “Tonight I Shall Lease Your Soul”

Nope. Not even close. Okay, we're still one out of eight.

3) Not My Mess Films Website Completed

I'm gonna mark this as a DONE. This site has been through the ringer, seeing so many changes and updates and design re-choicing. In fact, it's going through an upgrade right now. But basically, all that I want there, is there. It just needs to be tinkered with. So yes, DONE! (Hey, PLUS I did create a BRAND NEW website for THE 53 ZOMBIE MOODS: A book for your coffee table--so that counts for something, right?) That's two out of eight!

4) Rough Draft of “A. Family Portrait”

Nope. Not done. There was a good amount of work completed, but a rough draft? No. Okay, so we're still @ two of eight.

5) New Draft of “Me & Simon Baker”

I had to recheck this one, cuz it didn't feel like I had done any work on this (other than submitting to some agencies/contests), but based on my file saved dates in Final Draft, I went from a draft 5 to a draft 6 in June of this year. In addition, it seems obvious that since I submitted it, I must have done an upgraded draft. So that means DONE! That's three of eight! We're moving on!

6) Query Letters for “A. Family Portrait”

This is a no-brainer. No completed script (not even that rough draft), means I didn't send out query letters for this one. Okay...no biggie. 2012 may be shortened due to the pending apocalypse, but that still gives me 5 months, right? Isn't it May according to the Mayans? Therefore, we are still three of eight.

7) Query Letters for “Tonight I Shall Lease Your Soul” ??

I had a question mark (or two) on this one (perhaps debating in the early days of 2011 that this would happen or take priority), but in the end, we may call it DONE! Sent about 100 of these babies to agencies in October I believe, with only rejections thus far. That brings us to four of eight. Nifty!

8) Reading for “Me & Simon Baker”

And finally. This is a no-go. Not sure if I need this, since it's been through so many drafts, but perhaps it could be something to work for in the new year. I still intend to shop this around, so hearing it out loud and gaining that insight, might not be such a bad idea. All that rationalization aside, it is not complete. Thus we are left with four of eight on the DONE list.


You know what? That's a 50% success rate on my New Year's resolutions in 2011. I'll take it!

Okay then...onto the business @ hand. How do I divvy this up? Since I completed 4 items on the list from last year, I think I'll pare it down to 5 items for this year. I can up the DONE pile by one extra for this year, don't you think?

So--

2012 New Year's Resolutions/To Do List Extravaganza!

1) Complete rough draft of "A. Family Portrait"

2) Complete all aspects of "The 53 Zombie Moods" (that's a heck of a lot in one, but okay)

3) Reading for "A. Family Portrait"

4) Reading for "Me & Simon Baker"

5) Sell "Me & Simon Baker" (it's a vast reaching one, but if I don't put the wish out to the universe, it'll never move in that direction--this one will require lots of steps and lots of detail work, but okay)

That basically boils it all down to three projects for the year. Of course, when you look @ the ones for "A. Family Portrait", and see a "rough draft" and a "reading", it becomes clear that I'll need more than a rough draft before preparing for a reading...

So there are sub points on the to-do list extravaganza.

In the words of Joy Behar; "So what, who cares?"

Yes, I quoted Joy Behar.

Wishing you all a successful and happy New Year. May your own "TO-DO LIST EXTRAVAGANZA" find itself DONE by year's end!

Best,

Klugula

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!