Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Who is the ULTIMATE 80s Horror Hunk? Boner Seventeen: David Beecroft vs. Bruce Campbell

Our previous battle, "The Raft" boys from CREEPSHOW 2, found Satterfield and his yellow Speedo as the victor.  It ended with Daniel Beer at one vote and Satterfield with four votes.  As w/ Ken Olandt and a few of the other previous competitors, I was able to get in touch w/ Beer directly.  I'd like to share his post on WordPress,


"Well, this is funny. First time anyone has written about me, besides being reviewed in a film. Ya gotta have a sense of humor, and take it in good fun. After all not everyone gets to be a Horror Hunk. It is flattering. I think Satterfield is the winner. But I was the better swimmer. Anyway, I hope you all here on WordPress get a kick out of this."

So glad he found the humor and light-heartedness of what I'm trying to do here.  It IS all about fun, and he was a great sport.  But the troops were not rallied to his battle-cries, and the silent Satterfield takes the top honor.  Which means, we'll be seeing him again soon in the next round of competition!  And honestly and from the bottom of my heart, thanks Mr. Beer for going along for the ride!  And the "swimmer" comment?  Absolutely priceless!  :)

The next bout is being called, "Battle of the Hairy Pits".  And yes, there have been several previous battles which have discussed the finer points of armpit hair, but when I thought about these two hunks, I was immediately transported to a place where they were free to enjoy shirts with cut-off sleeves, events where they could raise their arms high in the air, thus allowing those of us who enjoy a good armpit display, to just sit back and take it all in.  And in that world, there would be two horror hunks from the greatest decade known to man -- the 1980s -- who would stand out, high above the rest -- naked arms above their heads in triumph!  I present to you -- from CREEPSHOW 2 (the film from out last battle) -- David Beecroft and his better-known competitor, Bruce Campbell of EVIL DEAD 2.

Now, I'll say -- it's been a HELLUVA time finding photos of David Beecroft.  And even HARDER to find stills of him from CREEPSHOW 2 (to your left -- found this while searching for the photos for our previous battle). He's in the film for a matter of seconds, playing "Annie"s (Lois Chiles) gigolo boyfriend (with the shitty alarm clock) in the beginning of "The Hitchhiker" episode of the film.  His character has a nice condo, apparently a nice gig, and a great brain for keeping track of orgasms (I'll gladly let you put that talent to work with me).  And a hot upper body, a delicious face and some fantabulous pits.  Go back and check out the film.  You'll see that he lights up a smoke, leans over to deal w/ that pesky alarm clock, takes his payment (he's worth much more -- as he explains in the film) and all the while, driving people like me insane with the over and over again exposure of his underarm regions.  Wowzers!  And I just now revisited his scene.  I wish I had the technical expertise to copy it to this post, or that someone better than me had already done so and left their work on YouTube -- but it's not meant to be.  Just take my word for it, those hairy pits get a lot of screen time in just a few seconds.  And not shown in the photo above (something even I didn't remember) a furry and tantalizing happy trail.  Beecroft's got a leg up already in this battle.  He was yummy enough to be cast as a gigolo.  Am I right?

The second photo is from places unknown, but it does serve to show off his hotness in a better lit way.  Blue, bedroomy eyes.  So very yummy.











And Beecroft's competitor is none other than "Ash" himself, Bruce Campbell of EVIL DEAD 2.  That's the one I know the best from the trilogy, so that is where we will judge his hot factor.  The first photo is there to show off his assets -- the ones most important in this particular battle -- his hairy pits.  I don't really know if this shot is from EVIL DEAD 2 or ARMY OF DARKNESS, but we'll use it for our purposes.  Now follow the line of his armpit up to the bare bulging bicep, and then to the left, down just a smidge, we find his exposed hairy pec and delish nipple.  Campbell's known for his hard-edged chin, but he also has the hard body to complement it.  I remember being distracted from the brilliance that is EVIL DEAD 2, by that first reveal of his chest -- as things got more disastrous and crazy in the film, his shirt fell away piece by piece, to the delight of my hormone-crazed younger self.  And the fact that he was so dirty -- well, perhaps that raised the hot factor for me.  And then there were those follicle-filled pits, quivering beneath those rock-hard arms as he slayed demon after demon and hand after hand (he is now without a hand, perhaps he'll need assistance w/ certain things -- OOH, OOH, PICK ME!  PICK ME!)  Oh Bruce, you're a hero.  :)  

The second photo is from places unknown, but it shows off those furry pecs and adorably sexy face.  Again, I say...Oh, Bruce.

I do believe I'll have to make my choice for Beecroft.  I think he's got the sexy down, while Bruce has that ever-present goofy quality -- which will probably make the case for some of the voters.  Nothing wrong with that, but when it comes to melting my butter, I think Beecroft is the winner.  And the fact that he's so totally unknown, and with only a matter of seconds in his chosen film -- there's a level of mystery there.

Need I remind you again, as you prepare to vote -- name recognition is NOT what we are going for.  Most of you will know Bruce Campbell.  And while we all want to do him until the end of time, we can't base our choice on that AND because we know his name.  Savvy?

Now cast your votes!  :)

And btw, with this battle on the books, we have only THREE more prelim bouts to announce and vote upon!  We're getting close to the second round -- the field is almost cut in half! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beecroft

klugula said...

Once again, friend Yuri could not post here. So I'm taking her vote from FB and throwing in her love for Bruce! :)

EMB said...

Bruce.

Anonymous said...

I remember Beecroft looking mighty fine in that bedroom scene from Creepshow 2. However, I think Bruce has a sexy, do-able charm I just can't describe. I'm a Bruce groupie...all the way. :)

Anonymous said...

Campbell.
Score one for the weirdos. :)
--cp

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!