Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Official "I would totally pee in my pants if I met them" Celebrity List

After today's events, I think a blog recounting the miracle meeting would be in order.  Also, since I get such a thrill out of lists, let's make a new one!

It's a bucket list of sorts.  And while I'm a celebrity/actor whore, and have an extensive autograph collection (I have no shame), there have to be certain stars who would truly make me short of breath, who would no doubt bring me close to tears and who could possibly -- make me wet my pants.

Well, today -- mark another of these luminaries off of my list.

I met Jane Badler at my day job today.

Don't know who that is?  I wish you ill-will.  Okay, not really.  But you should educate yourself.  She's an '80s diva like no other.  If you don't know the mini-series/series V from back in the early '80s, again -- educate yourself.  Meeting this love of my life today, got me to thinking.  Who are the biggies?  Who are "the ones"?

So here is my list of celebs who would make me pee -- in no particular order:

George A. Romero.  I've met him multiple times, but following the first time, a defibrillator was almost required.  He's my main man, and without a doubt, the celeb on this list who put me on a very specific direction in my life -- mentally and professionally.  He's an inspiration and a motivator.

Madonna.  She's been one of my girls for 30 years.  Seriously, despite my waning gay fan-boy craziness for Madge, I would still certainly pee my pants if I met her.  She still means the world to me.

Sigourney Weaver.  I've loved her for a very long time, and next to Meryl -- she's prob my favorite actress.  There are lots of fave actresses, but I think Sigourney holds a higher position in my heart -- therefore, she's on the "pee pants" list.

Meryl Streep.  Duh.

Jane Badler.  We can mark this one off my list, bitches!  I can't stress enough the miracle of meeting this woman today.  She was a bad-ass lizard alien in the '80s and she hypnotized me as a little kid.  I absolutely adored her back in the day, and seeing her in the flesh (lizard or not) threw me into some sort of time-travel, nostalgic trance.  And she was as gracious as could be -- even in light of my fan-boy weirdness.  Of course, it helped that I have a personal connection to her through friend Jeffrey.  He used her in his recent short film, and forwarded to her -- a blog I penned some 10 years ago, firmly establishing my geeky love for her.

Robert Englund.  Freddy himself.  I had a long love-affair with the Elm Street films.  And like Madonna, that obsession has waned as I've aged, but there's no denying that meeting him would be an out-of-body experience.

The only other person I believe would be appropriate for this list?  Nancy Thompson herself -- Heather Langenkamp.  I loved her as a kid and of course, through the nostalgia that is middle age (really?) no horror heroine could hold a candle to her.  Maybe scream queen goddess Jamie Lee Curtis, but if I'm pulling these names from deep within my heart, I think that Heather would have a leg up.

And that's the list which comes to mind.  My bucket list of celeb meetings and the promise of peed-in-pants.

Am I missing anyone?

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!