Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Cher-Crow

I found "The Very Best of Cher" @ Target for $9.99. 21 tracks for that price seemed a very good deal, so I picked it up. All of her stuff from the past 20 years I was familiar with. I was not so educated on her older fare. One song that caught my ear, and I've listened to it literally about 50 times in the past 12 hours is "Dark Lady". I am one of those people (or possibly the only one) that will hook on a song @ a certain time and then play it to death. It fits my frame of mind @ the time, for whatever reason, and then it becomes an obsessive marathon of that one tune. "Dark Lady" tells a cool story about betrayal, murder and fortune telling. The chorus is awesome, with its oh-so-catchy percussive moments. I am sure I am the last person on earth to know this song, at least in passing. Oh well, the point is that I have found it and I love it. "Dark Lady laugh and dance, and light the candles one by one." As long as I keep playing it, the candles will never blow out. Of course, that is until the marathon is over, and it is left for rediscovery @ a later date. Then the obsession will start anew. The circle of life.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!