Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Concerns about the Living Dead #4

When it comes to Romero, I will pick up any copy of any of his films, if it crosses my path (of course the price must be right; generally the best ones are found @ the places that sell used copies). The original Night of the Living Dead, which is famous for its copyright mess, has innumerable copies out on the shelves. Some are supported by Romero, others are put out by some loser wanting to make a quick buck. Well, I am putting their children through college, cuz I currently have 9 different copies of the film; DVD's, VHS, and LaserDisc. All have different cover art, and thus the collector in me cannot resist the lure. This is a concern, cuz they do take up a great deal of space. The other half always feels the need to raise an eyebrow @ the problem purchases, but I rationalize that it is only Romero that gets such treatment. There are 5 copies of the original Dawn of the Dead, and 4 copies of Day of the Dead. I would have 5 of Day, but I was able to personally give one of my copies to Ms. Lori Cardille (Sarah) last summer. Even the Night of the Living Dead remake holds 2 spots on my shelves. I am certain the collection will continue to grow, much to the chagrin of my other movie favorites, as they are slowly moved down a level, to accomodate the 15th copy of Night of the Living Dead. Then again, I do have 3 copies of the original Halloween. So things are not all bad in the world outside of zombie mania.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!