Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Electronically Challenged

The other half and I just spent a bundle on electronics yesterday. With the "winnings" from our home equity loan, we were finally able to go out and purchase the plasma TV we have been wanting, thus nearing "completion" of our new home (hey, its not even 2 years old yet!) In addition, we picked up infrared sensors (forgive me if this is incorrect terminology, I know what these things do, but not what their technical names may be), so that we can keep our the cabinet closed, which holds our components, and a remote speaker link for the two rear speakers of the surround. So no wires to hide. I like this. We also picked up a nifty surge protector, used for just such items. A tag on purchase, but hell, why not, while we are at it? We also were able to drag home the mount for the plasma, as it will find its final resting place on the wall, not atop a cabinet. The installation will probably be in the next week. The real question now, is what will be the inaugural film to break in all the new equipment? I have put my vote in for The Road Warrior, but the other half is probably going to try for something like Star Trek or Sunset Boulevard. We will see. Let the games (almost) begin.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!