Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Concerns about the Living Dead #14

Elevators. Ever since I saw the elevator sequence in the original Dawn of the Dead, I can't get on an elevator without a bit of apprehension as the doors open to my destination floor. Are there going to be zombies waiting behind the automatic doors? When my zombie fears were at their peak; during my early teen years, I can literally recall feeling anxiety in my local hospital elevator. It's all ridiculous, but let's explore how you could handle an unexpected zombie attack when on an elevator. First, prevention; take the stairs. That's obvious. A stairwell door can be opened cautiously. Plus, you can lose some poundage taking the stairs, which will just allow you to flee the zombies more easily. But, what if you have no idea that a zombie plague has broken out? Say I leave my condo, get on the elevator (in my flip flops and pajama bottoms as I go to check the laundry; for example) and as I come to the 1st floor; the doors open. ZOMBIES!! I would love to know what actions I could take to fend off a gaggle of zombies. Perhaps one or two could be handled with my own two hands, but any more than that would require super quick thinking! Do I carry a baseball bat with me at all times? Suggestions? Seems like a dead end situation; if you'll pardon the expression.

Plus, once they are in the door way, we all know how hard it is to get those elevator doors closed when something is blocking them. They don't close; and that was clearly illustrated in Dawn of the Dead. What to do?

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!