Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Millions

Last night the other half and I watched Millions. It's the latest film from Danny Boyle (the man behind Shallow Grave, 28 Days Later and Trainspotting). It follows a 7 year old kid named Damian, his kind, decent soul and deep belief in saints and the miracles they produce. One day; a huge bag of money falls from the sky. He and his family must figure out what to do w/ it; as the Euro will be replacing all of the money w/in a few days; making it useless. In addition; the "owner" of the money comes-a-lookin. Wacky, funny, touching and at times quite scary. It had some tinges of Tim Burton; including a sometimes Danny Elfman-type score. I was my usual blubbering mess; and there were ample scenes that invoked my tears. It's a wonderful movie and I recommend you see it immediately. That's a recommendation to my avid readers of 0. :) Of particular interest; the halos, Joseph's donkey and play appearance, the playful building of the family's home and Damian's meeting with his mum. Lordy!

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!