Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Silent Hill...Meh

It wasn't horrible, it wasn't great. It was just...meh. The effects were great, and the opening moments in Silent Hill (the city) were atmospheric and fun. The first siren; foretelling the forthcoming darkness was super creepy. Overall, it wasn't as bad as the critics made it out to be; although it was quite confusing. Were they dead in the end; or not? Did I care a great deal, or not? More not... The cop was pretty hot; for a chic; and so was the muscle iron-head man. From my brief experience with the video game; they seemed to catch that foggy atmosphere; to a decent effect. I didn't quite care for the obvious dialogue recaps (like the opening moment..."Ashes"...Really, I couldn't tell by the black residue on your finger). I guess this film was made for the American masses; i.e. stupid people. I was pleased to see Alice Krige; in her typical psycho-creepy lady role. The Borg Queen and this witch-hunting fanatic would certainly get along as college roomies and eventual soul mates. She's always a nice treat to behold.

What was the cop chic's name; she was totally familiar? I'm going to have to look her up; and possibly add her to my stew of sin. What's w/ all the chics?

I found myself checking the clock quite often in the second hour. Once the religion and witch burning cliches showed up; I quickly lost interest. It's a good time, but sort of not really. No, it's okay, but I wouldn't go out of your way. But, it didn't pain me much...some of the time. Wishy washy is the best description of this mediocre...semi-mess.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!