Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

"Travelin' Thru"

I've been driving to work lately, and listening to a mix CD I made some time ago. One of the songs I've been playing (or overplaying rather) is Travelin' Thru. It's the Oscar-nominated Dolly Parton tune from the great movie, TransAmerica. The 20 or so minute drive; one way to work, has been nice for just plain thinkin' down time. There's a phrase in the song that really speaks to me...especially in my state of mind recently. Why? Mostly cuz there are so many folks in the Chicago area that I haven't seen in a great, long while. In addition, it got me to thinking about all of the people in my life; that I've known for a long time, and those I only briefly knew; in some fleeting capacity. So many. So many strong connections, and then as we parted ways, nothing more. It's just weird how people come in and out of your lives (it also makes me think of that line in Stand by Me...hopefully you know what I'm talking about, cuz I don't want to misquote). One day they're your best friend...a wonderful deep connection and then...weeks, even days later...nothing. I'm babbling. At any rate, before I got out of the car, I wrote down the phrase that I loved. Here it is. So true, so true. Thanks Dolly.



"...and I hope I see you down the road...

you meant more than I knew...

As I's travelin', travelin', travelin', travelin', travelin' through."

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!