Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'm an American!

Just got back from voting in the primaries. It'll be no surprise to my avid readers of 0; that I voted for my gal, Hill. It didn't hit me until I got home; that this was an historic vote (obviously I've known that all along, but actually filling in that ballot; made it real).

A few things.

I realized that one of the possible reasons I voted for Hill; was because she is a woman. For much of my life; many of my closest friends have been women. While I have no problem with men, and of my absolute closest friends throughout my history; most have been men, but I think I relate to women better. Is it because I'm gay? I suppose that has something to do w/ it. Who knows? I think on that very base level; regardless of the issues Hill stands for or how she has voted in the past, she is a woman. I think I understand women on many levels. I think I "get" them; thus, I think I "get" Hill. When I hear her speak, I hear truth in her. As I've said before; and as any common sense person knows, all politicians have some dirt on their hands...it happens. However, I trust Hill when I hear her. I believe her...and I think, above all, I like her. She was on Letterman last night, and she stated that one of the bottom lines you should think about; when choosing a candidate..."would you want to have a beer w/ him/her?" Hill, I would...with you. Let's set a date. Of course, she's far more intelligent than I, so maybe she could dumb it down w/ me while we sat at the bar eating peanuts. I truly hope she gets the nomination. Best of luck to her and to all of the nominees. I'm sure it's a tough road for every one of them; thus they deserve our respect and well wishes; whether we agree w/ them or not.

Next, what's the deal w/ so many people refusing to reveal their votes? I understand that it's a private thing, and certainly no one's business but their own. I just wonder what is the reasoning for people to hide their votes? I'm happy to tell the world who I support, and who I took the time to put pen to paper to cast my vote. Are there any of my readers who don't tell friends/family/co-workers who they ended up casting a ballot for? If so, tell me why? I'm just curious as to the reasons behind this action (or non-action). It fascinates me.

Finally, as in the last election, we got a small piece of paper stating that we voted. We don't get a sticker. I am proud to vote, and I wish there was a small way (perhaps a sticker?) to tell the world that I did my duty as an American. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a flag-waving, bald eagle t-shirt wearing, over-the-top patriot, but I do appreciate that I can make my voice heard; even in such a small way.

BTW, the other half voted for Obama. Does that mean we cancelled each other out? (And yes, he did say it was okay for me to post that!)

What are you all reading this for, get your asses to your polling place and make the difference! Go now!

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!