Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Blah! Blog! Blah!

What's goin' on? Well, I had a long day today. Worked an 8 hour shift. Mock if you will, but when my average shift is 4 hours every other day or so, an 8 hour shift on my feet can be quite the undertaking. On top of that, the other half met me following my shift, so we could run errands and grab a bite to eat. Jesus, if packing materials aren't expensive. I've been taking home my share of free boxes from work (one of the benefits of working retail); but we still need packing tape, bubble wrap and that special kind of industrial "Saran Wrap" to protect our various belongings. Jiminy crickets.

Watching Alien right now. Caught it the other day on cable as well. Man, this movie is good. Special mention should be given to Ian Holm as Ash. I find him fascinating to watch. Every moment on screen; he draws attention...especially knowing the film well enough to be privy to his secrets. There's some nice stuff going on there...for example; watch Ash watching John Hurt's Kane character as Kane begins to convulse prior to the famous "chest-burster" sequence. Watch his tiny little bird chewing. It's a strange little moment to pinpoint; but it gives a valuable hint to Ash's knowledge of what's going on; and it's creepy. He pauses while everyone else begins to scramble. Sweet. In addition, it should be mentioned that it is truly no small feat to draw focus from the rest of the cast...well, cuz they're all brilliant. Each and every one of them. This movie rocks! Moving on.

Two more cast members have been announced for the ongoing ridiculousness that is The Gauntlet. Two more roles that are not the role that I auditioned for...thus, there's still hope. However, the length of time it's taken to announce these bit parts, has brought me to a state very close to not caring. Finish this thing already.

One more week until the announcement for George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead 3-minute film contest. THIS I'm excited about.

Still no offer on the condo. Neat. More showings tomorrow.


Been saying a few goodbyes over the past week or so. Some folks I won't likely see again, before we depart. Nothing too emotional yet...but I think that's due to the fact that none of this seems real yet.

Will be seeing a friend from my college past tomorrow. She's in town (I believe on business). She's actually one of the two final women that I psuedo-dated in college. Nifty.

I'm really tired of customers coming into the store while still on a cell phone conversation. I can't properly greet you, or assess your needs. Continue your call @ a later time, so I can give you the attention you think you need. The first time I have a customer come in on a call, I try to help them, they wave me off; then come to me later w/ an attitude cuz I didn't help them right away...well, let's just say I won't be a happy camper.

Speaking of work; no follow up from my interview last week. Can we make a decision here? At least tell me, "We can't decide until we meet you face to face...thus, we'll talk to you in mid-April when you arrive". Can't we have that? Some sort of closure or at least; suspension? Jeez.

I should probably shave.

Harry Dean Stanton is about to get his.

I'm thoroughly exhausted.

Ready to Go (the director's cut) is now in the hands of sound guy; Adam. Hopefully that portion of the process will be complete soon. We've got about two weeks left before we leave. That's messed up.

Watched the Tobe Hooper film, Lifeforce yesterday. I've not seen this in a number of years. Not as bad as I remember, but certainly nothing spectacular. I really liked Steve Railsback. Also, Mathilda May's breasts were very perky and appealing. I swear I recalled plentiful male nudity from the two male space vampires, but apparently I was mistaken...and not happy about it. They looked kinda hot too. Overall, not much to crow about, but the zombie aspect piqued my interest...shockingly so.

Tom Skerritt's about to get his now too. Heavens. Poor Dallas.

We're sitting here w/ the window open. Nice. Won't last for long. Hell, who cares. I'll be in the desert in a few weeks.

Later.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!