Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Local Actors Spotted #33 and #34

The other half and I went out for a block party; being held next door in the center of the Hollywood Highland mall...it was for people who live, worship, work, etc in the Hollywood area. It was used as an introduction for the forthcoming Cirque Du Soleil (sp?) that will become a permanent fixture (except during the 2 month Oscar season) at the Kodak in the near future. We had free snacks, drinks and goodies since we are now locals. We were able to chat at length w/ 3 of the 4 Cirque folks who were in town from the "Love" show in Vegas. One guy's been with them for 10 years I think he said. Of course the other half had to ask if he had a hot body under his costume. Not that I cared...it's just a given I would think. He is in Cirque Du Soleil after all.

Anyway, on our way over, we saw Carson Kressley of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I'm assuming he was filming for his new show How to Look Good Naked. Tried to get a photo, but he kept turning away. Apparently he was working or something. Sheesh.

Second person we saw last night, might be lesser known. We saw her mingling, but it took me until right before we left to figure out who she was. Of course when I realized who it was, I didn't know her name. I approached her anyway, and asked, "Are you Simone from Pee Wee's Big Adventure?" She said yes. I was thrilled! I got a photo. I told her I was sorry I didn't know her name and that I know she's done plenty of other work. She said something along the lines of, "She has no issue w/ being remembered for the role". Her name's Diane Salinger. Apparently, the friends she had w/ her, were impressed and Diane herself also seemed "tickled" (that's what the other half said) to have been recognized. I heard her say as we left, "Ah, fame." But not in a hoity-toity way. I think she was genuinely pleased. So was I. If you don't know who I'm talking about, here's an autographed photo I found online (I wish it was mine!), and the photo I took w/ her. Check out the film again. She's Simone the waitress who spends time w/ Pee Wee in the giant dinosaur, and has the big, scary boyfriend, Andy. She's quite lovely. Yeah!

I told the other half that these are the actors I want to meet. Folks that aren't readily known, but people that I, being a pop culture nerd, would certainly recognize...even if it takes me forever to do so.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!