Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Unit 509

I've already commented on "The Hollywood", a complex of 54 condo units, just a block or two from our current apartment location. We took a trip there last week, just to take a second look around. While there, we revisited the units we had seen before, and were introduced to two others. Both great, but one stood out. I've told the other half that we're here to stay. I have no further plans to move from southern CA. This is it. Although, we do plan to have a small condo in San Juan, when the time is right. The unit in question, unit 509, is not shown on the website for the condos. It's a penthouse, complete w/ two stories. The second story contains two outdoor spaces, a mezzanine area and a 4th bathroom. It all overlooks the main part of the unit. Two very large bedrooms, each w/ 18 foot ceilings, a fireplace, a fabulous kitchen, a large entryway, washer/dryer hookups, and three bathrooms on that main floor. Oh, and did I mention...a third outdoor space. It's about 1500 square feet total, with windows facing east and south. I've decided that is the most amount of space we would ever want or need. We can still grow collections, but there's only so far we can go...which is good. Keep in mind that we got rid of about 60% of our stuff before we left Chicago, and we don't want to ever grow to overcrowd our space again. This space will allow us to live comfortably for a very long time. It also includes a gym/pool/spa/two parking spaces in the common areas, and very modern design. THIS IS OUR FINAL SETTLING SPACE. I have no doubt. Of course, this fabulous Unit 509 is listed @ 1.4 million. Daunting. No doubt about it, but I have hope.

This is where I'm reminded of a scene in The Seventh Sign. It's that underrated late 80's gem starring Demi Moore. When confronted by her nemesis, the Roman soldier that struck Christ and was doomed to walk the earth until Christ's return, Moore's character told him she could stop the pending rapture with "hope". Now, I know that's not everyone's bag, but I've been thinking about this place for weeks. I've even had a couple of nights where I find it hard to fall asleep, as I'm already decorating/planning/purchasing in my head. Based on our current financial situation, all I can do to move ahead on this dream, is to have "hope". So that's what I'm doing.

This would be a big project, but if this is where we will be for many years, I'm ready to put the paint on the wall, the plants in the sun, and the rugs on the floors. THIS IS IT.

Now, we've often talked about wanting to be in Santa Monica; on the water. That would be nice. However, we now know this area, appreciate its central location to EVERYTHING, and realize that this is a good place to end up. Yes, the market's bad, but this place is still growing. Not that we'd ever leave (based on my deep nesting instincts), but it would be nice to know that our property would appreciate greatly over the years. Santa Monica is already at a huge peak, so it seemingly can't get much higher.

I've already included this complex into my new series, "I Want That", so I won't do so. Let's just say that I have a clearer, more specific idea in mind for what I want out of that complex.

I told the other half that this is the one. He said he was working on it. I don't know what that means, but I believe him. I've no doubt he has some tricks up his sleeve, and with his never-faltering positive attitude (yes he hates all things, but when he wants something, he makes it work), we'll be in there soon. I will it.

Later. I've got some pre-decorating to do.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!