Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

"Lady, you're dyin'..."

Or at least she will be, if she doesn't knock off the bitch behavior.

Woman was in today. I don't generally judge (a flat-out lie), but this woman looked to be in her fifties; and was in the family way. Clearly she waited too long to breed, and now her Depend-using/elderly woman bladder was mixing it up w/ her over-active/pregnancy bladder, and she probably has to pee every 20 minutes or so. Really not my problem. Now, let it be known that we don't have a public restroom. We just don't. Get over it. Go next door to Starbucks and use theirs. WE DON'T HAVE ONE. More on Starbucks later...

Here's the conversation...

Pregnant Senior Citizen: "What's the difference between (insert whatever items she was shopping for here)."

Me: "(insert explanation here)."

Pregnant Senior Citizen: "Do you have a restroom?"

Me: "No, I'm sorry we don't. But there is one next door at Starbucks."

Pregnant Senior Citizen frowns through her Melanie Griffith/messed up plastic surgery/Beverly Hills spoiled housewife lips.

Pregnant Senior Citizen: "Well, then I'm done. I'll just buy these and leave."

The Adrienne Barbeau wannabe pays for her items.

Pregnant Senior Citizen (w/ full "snoot" intact): "Y'know, people would probably shop longer if you had a restroom."

STOP!

How the hell am I to respond to something like that? Here are some options...

"Lady, you are the one who chose to have a child during your golden years...therefore any bladder issues that accompany this choice of yours, are your problem. Lots of businesses don't have public restrooms. Which is fine by me, cuz the general public are snot-encrusted, self-important jackasses. Are you one?"

or

"Why the hell would you choose to shop somewhere (or how long you'd choose to stay shopping on one of your spoiled-ass splurges) based on their lack of public facilities? Who the hell are you?"

or

A just plain, "What the hell are you talking about?"

That was the one that went through my head. This is one of the most idiotic exchanges I've ever had the displeasure of being a part of.

Go on lady. Take your entitled BS somewhere else...perhaps where they have a public restroom (which is not a requirement anyway).

Okay, Starbucks; or story # 2.

We have one of these businesses right next door to our store. We have a staff of about 10 folks, and we all go there for various reasons...quite regularly, I might add. Snacks, lunches and the ever-needed coffee fixes (not me--I don't drink coffee). In addition, we are known to go next door to just get ice waters throughout the day. Our store has to be one of the dryest on this planet of ours; and so dehydration seems to always be lurking about; waiting to "take the first man who screams" (thanks Aunty Entity--if you don't get that reference, let me know). We're thirsty dammit! Well, friend/co-worker Wendy went next door on truck day (always a tough day for us) this past week, and the manager @ Starbucks asked her, "can't your manager afford water?" (I'm not sure on the exact exchange/quotes, but this is the jist) Wendy replied, "What?" SBucks manager says, "Aren't you one of the managers? Can't you afford to get your people water?"

Well, I heard about this a day later; and am now debating whether I boycott Starbucks in general, or just this particularly ignorant location. This really pissed me off, and I am also wondering if I should write a letter to someone. ????

Anyway, I won't be returning there, and am trying to convince my co-workers and staff to do the same. The amount of business we give them is nothing to sneeze at...not to mention that merchants who are also neighbors should really support each other. Finally, we're sending all of the need-to-pee ladies and gents next door. I can't imagine they're not grabbing something to drink or snack on as they leave behind their waste in the bathroom. I know that's stretching it, but damn...this whole thing was just a kick in the balls. Screw you SBucks...

My final tale of interest.

On our shopping excursion to Target yesterday, we were checked out by a young man wearing a shirt with writing in Spanish (I don't need the lecture on the fact that I don't read or speak this language). The other half turned to me, and said that he would have to talk to a manager. He asked me if I could figure out why. I looked more closely @ the t-shirt. I saw the name "Jesus". Was that the guy's name? Nope. The other half explained that the shirt read something like, "Jesus is my Lord and Saviour".

STOP!

Is this appropriate? I don't think so...and even as offensive and nasty as the other half can be at times, he took offense to this t-shirt. So he talked to a manager. The manager explained that as long as they wear a red shirt, it doesn't matter what is written (excluding profanity--of course). The other half then asked her, "so I could wear a shirt stating that 'Satan is my Lord and Saviour'?" The manager laughed and pulled up on her necklace chain...@ the bottom of it was a charm...a charm in the shape of an UPSIDE-DOWN CROSS.

And that, my friends...concludes the best three anecdotes I can share w/ you from my life over the past week or so.

That is all.

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!