Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

"What's a Can-dull-uh-bruh?"

Watched a few moments of a program on The Travel Channel tonight...about Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills. We'd seen it before, so we shut it off early...

Man oh man, I miss my home. I'm happy being in a more urban area, but I need to get some time in, in the Hills. Seeing those images makes me homesick. Our last trip out there (over 2 years ago) is just too damn long ago. I miss my family. I miss the smell. I miss driving up on 385 past Pactola. Mmmm.

Alas.

Strap yourselves in, cuz I think this is gonna be one of those epic updates...certainly since I hardly ever blog anymore. A lost art form.

My day job is going well. I think it's strange how bipolar I've become, with regard to this position. My last two days have been wonderful. I'm happy there, and no customers are pissing me off. Could it be that I'm happier when I'm bringing in more money; making better sales? Cuz that's what's changed. I've had a couple of crappy sales weeks, and now things are looking up. That's not a jinx. I don't see anything of my sales, but I guess working hard and doing well is inherent within me, even if it's not necessarily appreciated, or if it results in no reward for me. I like to do well...period. The holidays are fast approaching, which certainly keeps us moving at the store. That keeps the insanity at bay.

On a related note, a suggestion to one of my customers. When you call in to ask about a possible exchange, it isn't necessary for you to explain the entire process of how/when/where/why you purchased the item you now feel must be exchanged. Please. Please. Please cut to the point. I'm busy, and in essence, your tale of woe doesn't do anything to help me help you. And you calling back three times in one evening to confirm what I've already told you will have to happen, doesn't get you on my good side. It seems you're lonely, and would just like someone to talk to. Sorry, but can't help you there. Bring in the exchange (without it becoming a tale of how you have to hire someone to do this for you cuz you can't leave your house, cuz you have problems w/ crowds...or whatever). Make note of these ideas, and have a happy holiday season.

The Amazing Race ended it's latest season this evening. I wanted the hot gay brothers to win, and more than I thought; Ericka and Brian to come out on top too. Meghan and Cheyne won so many legs on this one, they kind of deserved to take home the top prize. Kudos to all for a fun, aggravating, skin-filled, tense and touching season. "Can-dull-uh-bruhs", anyone?

It's not that late, but I'm pooped. Must carry on. Go on without me, if need be.

I've officially launched the Not My Mess website. It's got a lot of work ahead of it, but you can check out what's there so far. I'm happy w/ it, but would love some solid feedback; if my avid readers of 0 would be so kind. www.notmymess.com

Along w/ the website, I'm working on a campaign called, "Do You Know Simon Baker?" More on that later, as it gets moving.

Speaking of Simon Baker, my new buddy Caryl (whom I met @ the Simon Baker Q&A) has been in touch w/ me. I sent her a copy of the synopsis for the Baker script, and she provided some lovely feedback. Is it tacky for me to share? Probably, but it makes me feel good, so I'll pass it along. "I truly enjoyed following the story, even with so little detail - so I bet the script is wonderful." She goes on to say that she will have to give some thought on how to get it into the right hands.

Now...this woman doesn't know me from Adam (he's a great guy, btw.), but she's kept in touch w/ me, and actually seems to want to help. Could it be? Here I go doubting myself again...but...I guess that's just me. Change? Who knows. Anyway, Godspeed, good Caryl...Godspeed!

BTW, I found out who her producer brother was. He apparently has produced the majority of the Farrelly brothers films; i.e. Shallow Hal, Dumb and Dumber, Stuck on You...etc. Keep your fingers crossed, but I won't count my chickens before they've hatched. Did I jinx it by simply letting it out of the hat? No. I refuse to believe that! Nifty.

I'm a bit heart-burny.

I don't work 'til 1pm tomorrow; then I have Tuesday off. I'm so excited for that!

I TOTALLY need to catch up on my "Local Actors Spotted" blog. So very behind. So many celebs. Lord.

I feel anti-social...like the day job has been overtaking my life. So many folks I haven't seen in a long time.

They've been working away on the apartment next door. I'm hoping we can get in on it in the next couple of months, and then finally FINALLY get our stuff from storage.

I thought I had more to say, but apparently not...how loser-ly of me.

Oh, my mother has put in an offer on a new house in Rapid City. Apparently, it all looks pretty good, so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for her. It will bring her closer to family, get her away from the home she's in now (w/ so many memories--it's time for her to shake things up a bit), and the weather can be a little (just a little) more forgiving than in Lead/Deadwood. I hope it all works out, and I'll keep y'all posted. This news actually does sadden me a bit. With her not in our home, we'll have no reason to visit the old neighborhood. I'm sure we will anyway, but it'll basically just be a drive-by (minus the guns). Feels a little weird, honestly.

In other family news, my youngest brother is on the verge of completing his first semester @ BHSU. Kudos to him on a fabulous term!

Also, I had a strange dream last night. I was touching someone's head in my dream, and I sort of woke up when the other half was pushing my hands away from his head. Weird. I do a bit of that "sleep-walking/sleep-moving" from time to time. It's been a spell. I guess I was due.

I guess I should turn in. Thanks for tuning in for another boring update on my life. If this didn't put you to sleep...then your skin's on too tight. No one will get that.

G'night!

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!