Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Concerns about the Living Dead #47

It appears as though George has plans for two more zombie films; apparently taking up w/ additional characters from Diary of the Dead (Survival of the Dead follows the National Guardsmen from Diary). Frankly, I wish he would go back to his previous films' and keep the character continuity to a minimum. Diary of the Dead was just awful, and I'm actually a bit terrified about how Survival of the Dead will be. I have hope, but that terrible last effort still lingers in my head. Of course, my last time seeing Diary of the Dead (on demand) was much less painful than the original screening in the theatre; some 2 years ago. Is it just the initial buildup and excitement--meaning he can do nothing to please me; or is it really a bad one? Argue amongst yourselves. Then again, Land of the Dead is now one of my favorite films; and the expectations (a 20 year wait, hello?) couldn't have been greater! However, I am on the lookout for upcoming screenings of his latest in LA. I will still go; out of obligation; and cuz I still believe in my legendary George. I think Land of the Dead ranks very high on his filmography; and that was only 5 years ago. Could he have lost the magic touch in the 3 or so years between Land and Diary? What gives?

Check out this link for more info...
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/12/george-romero-has-ideas-for-two-more-dead-films-possibly-to-be-shot-back-to-back/

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!