Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Turkey Day Eve 2013

Since I'm always trolling around on Facebook, and specifically this evening--I'm seeing all of the notes of "thankfulness" on this day before Thanksgiving.

Well, I feel the urge to write something more profound, rather than a quick blurb for fast consumption.  Probably due to the fact that I just read a lovely writing from my chum, Robb (aka Tito).

It's been almost two months since I left the day job.  I am now embarking on a new adventure in day job life, this coming Monday.  Not my dream, but I'm excited to get back on my feet, be with the public and frankly, bring some cash back into my grubby little fingers.  And I realized just in the past week, that I NEED the kind of social time and interaction I get through these retail gigs I've so often been a part of.  It does serve something, even if it's not "what I want to do."

But I've had a very productive year, topped off by these two months of no schedule, just relaxing (when I'd allow myself to do so) and lots of writing.

And you know what?  I'm damn thankful for this year, and this time away from the rat-race.  It's become crystal clear that this screenwriting "thing" is what I'm supposed to be doing...if alas, the path to "success" is not so clear.  I get it.  Just the fact that I'm pushing ahead makes it a success.  I don't downplay that.  In my mind, it's once I can earn a living @ this, then I can lean back and enjoy my rewards, and appreciate my efforts...knowing that once I cross that threshold, I will never allow myself to return to a "day job", despite the wonderful things they have given me.  And all of these thoughts, ego boosts and the fleeting moments of positivity of these past two months (and further back to the end of last year); I'm THANKFUL for that.

Despite my (most of the time) lower than low self esteem, and my general pessimism (no doubt due to an un-diagnosed seasonal depression), I feel that things are about to happen.  And I'm thankful for that too.  But wait--

A former co-worker and now dear friend said something recently.  We often discuss a "shift" and that "a shift is coming."  She nicely pointed out when last we met... "you're in the shift.  we're in the shift, right now." And she's right.  I'm no longer waiting for things to happen...they already are.  It's in motion.  The wait is over.  And I'm thankful for that, and that I can actually recognize it.

So anyway, this babbling blob of butchered bits, is meant to serve as a "thanks" to the universe, God, and the good vibes of others.  I'm happy to be here, doing what I'm doing.  Thankful to be alive.  Thankful to be who I am...and thankful that tomorrow, I'm gonna gorge myself silly.

Happy Turkey Day 2013!


No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!