Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Who is the ULTIMATE 80s Horror Hunk? First Boner: Chris Sarandon vs. Kevin (Blair) Spirtas

Boners.  No.  I'm not discussing mistakes.  I'm talking real live, authentic... BONERS.

So why boners?  Well, firstly -- I get really excited for countdowns and lists and the like.  I always have.  My best friend and I, back in the day, used to have countdown lists (weekly mind you) of our favorite hottest women.  Nowadays, that we're both open, out and proud of being homos, men are more our style.  I remember in the 80s, when we were making our "ladies" list, Molly Ringwald and Jennifer Connelly were generally high scoring babes, with a generous sprinkling of horror unknowns like Natasha Hovey (of DEMONS fame).  Well, I'm older now.  I have embraced my gay-ness, and I think it's time I put together my all time list of horror hunks from the 80s (let's face it, for my age, the 80s was a special time, thus my focus will be for those 10 amazing years only).  And that is where the use of the word BONER comes into play a second time.  As a little gay boy screaming his guts out over wicked horror and walls awash with blood and gore on the screen, I would have inklings of activity in my groin when seeing some of these hot-as-fuck dudes, and perhaps at that age, not really knowing why. But, this is gonna be a challenge, so I'll need your help.  So less of a countdown and more of an elimination game based on votes...but still in the realm of my old-school lists, right?

I'm gonna do this just like they do in the World Cup (cuz I am infinitely knowledgeable about such things as sports).

I've got 34 HUNKS who will battle for the prized position of ULTIMATE HORROR HUNK OF THE 80s!  I'll make MY case for both, and then you will choose and we'll all move on from there.  Easy squeezy!

First up:  from FRIGHT NIGHT -- Chris Sarandon -- squaring off against Kevin (Blair) Spirtas of FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 7: THE NEW BLOOD.

Simply leave your comments/vote below and stay tuned for the results and the next battle!

Chris Sarandon -- FRIGHT NIGHT


For the record, I don't particularly find Chris Sarandon hot or super-duper attractive.  BUT, his performance as Jerry Dandridge -- the next door neighbor who turns out to be a for-real bloodsucker in the 1985 brilliant vampire classic: FRIGHT NIGHT, gets him on this list.  He stages one helluva seduction in this film, and the scene I'm linking to for your (private) enjoyment, will no doubt convince you as well, that he rightfully belongs here.  And btw, the music choice doesn't hurt -- so wonderfully 80s.  And just as I'm watching it right now...a few other thoughts:  1) Holy pleated pants.  2) Amanda Bearse is bizarrely sexy as well (it's the ruffled hair-do).  And 3) the editing (the mirror twirls) is really fantastic!  Oh, and finally, that moment when she cups his butt in her hand (did they steal that for DIRTY DANCING) is absolutely scream-worthy!

Kevin (Blair) Spirtas -- FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 7: THE NEW BLOOD
We never get to see him shirtless in this, and that's a shame, cuz you know he's sporting a hot bod underneath all of that heavy 80s denim.  He's got some good acting chops in this film (hard to come by w/ the exception of a few of the other actors here) and his face channels a little bit of Christopher Reeve (always a good thing).  The character's a good guy, and you'd like to think that he and Tina ended up together (fits of telekinetic rage or not)...if, of course, he didn't find me waiting in his bed one fateful and starry night.

"Oh, you were thrown around by an undead serial killer in a hockey mask?  And your girlfriend's got some serious daddy issues?  Let me help you get some of that tension out of your shoulders.  There now...isn't that better?"

You may now cast your vote.

*Not that it should sway you, but my vote (I will be counting my own) goes out to Kevin (Blair) Spirtas.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the non-ugly man. I vote for Kevin Spirtas

Sheila D. said...

Chris Sarandon! Never a big fan of Friday the 13th movies. Bonus: Sarandon was also bad guy in Princess Bride!

Anonymous said...

I was going to say "Sarandon all the way!"....Then I googled Mr. Spirtas and OMMFG - Kevin Spirtas is SO ATTRACTIVE. So yeah. Spirtas.

EMB said...

Kevin all the way (and he's gay!)
God I remember those lists, do you remember our Horror Movie awards?

www.notmymess.com said...

I still have my horror movie awards somewhere. Time to revisit and post. :) I look forward to your thoughts on the adt'l hunk battles.

Anonymous said...

Kevin has my vote he is so hot i love his face

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!