Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Monday, August 04, 2014

Who is the ULTIMATE 80s Horror Hunk? Boner Three: Lance Henriksen vs. Terry O'Quinn

Here we are horror friends!  I'm a day late w/ the results of our second battle, "Freddy's Boys Part One" -- Rodney Eastman vs. Danny Hassel.  And unlike the still open first boner battle of Chris Sarandon and Kevin (Blair) Spirtas, we have a winner!

Second round victory, meaning this winning horror hunk will move on to boner battle another day --

Danny Hassel of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 4: THE DREAM MASTER & A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 5: THE DREAM CHILD.  Congrats to "Dan Jordan".  Those hairy "pool party pits" certainly gave you an edge!

And now -- new business.

Our latest battle takes us a few years later -- age-wise, to the "Mature Men" category.

I've already heard some scoffing from my other half, but keep in mind -- my nostalgic choices come from a younger place.  Shirtless men and male nudity were a rare find back in the day.  So when dicks and male butt cheeks made their way into the horror I was already watching, well -- that made for some immediate day-dreaming, regardless of actual physical beauty.  Not to say that our two contestants tonight are unattractive, but they're not "beautiful".  Does that make sense?

First up, you know him, you love him.  He's the android you adore in ALIENS, the vampire leader in NEAR DARK and the grieving vengeful father in PUMPKINHEAD.  And that's where we'll make our case.  I've seen younger Lance Henriksen roles, and find him authentically hot, if outside "the norm" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean).  I've included a photo of young Master Henriksen in this post -- from CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND (check out those lips and that jaw-line!)  He was also memorably young and appetizing in DAMIEN: OMEN TWO.  And we do get some shirtless Lance in ALIENS, but honestly, he was never the one to grab my attention in that initial "waking up from hypersleep -- apparently she saw an alien once" intro to our rag-tag group of Marines and their co-horts.  I mean, there was Michael Biehn, Ricco Ross, Mark Rolston, William Goldman (he almost got an invite to this big boner battle) and even Bill Paxton -- garnering most of my attention as I rewound my old recorded copy of the film on VHS to check out hairy pecs, carved abs and tighty-whity buns.  Thanks, HBO!

But, a couple of years later, Stan Winston took on his first directing job, and cast Lance Henriksen in the awesome PUMPKINHEAD.  It's a great performance (when is Lance NOT good?  Honestly?), but I remember first seeing it and being almost shocked by his shirtless scene, as he chopped wood out behind his home, and marvelling at the fact that there was a truly hot body underneath those unique facial features!  I couldn't believe my eyes!  So, while Mr. Henriksen has seemingly always had deep wrinkles and a receding hairline in his films, he also has sex appeal.  And those abs and pecs and biceps of that soon-to-be maniacal poppa?  Worth placement in this battle.  You help decide.
(note:  I couldn't find a super great photo of his entire shirtless torso from PUMPKINHEAD, so this one w/ the baseball cap -- minus the amazing abs -- will have to suffice).




Up against Henriksen is another more mature horror dude.  He's more recognizable these days for LOST, but back in 1987, he gave a legendary performance as your worst nightmare of a usurper in THE STEPFATHER.  In the opening sequence, we see what this character is capable of, and we're in for a helluva ride.  Now, I realize those of you who know this film, will scoff --perhaps gag, at the fact that I'm gonna bring up my big boner scene in the film -- and that it's the moment after he has just horribly murdered his family in the beginning.  Again, I must remind you that I saw this at about 14 years old, so the male nudity afforded here, outranked the nastiness of what had just happened!  I'm reminded of my first viewing of SCHINDLER'S LIST.  I was absolutely disgusted by Ralph Fiennes character, but couldn't deny the fact that given the chance, I would jump Fiennes' bones.  It is indeed a weird thing to be disgusted and turned on at the same time.  I'm sure I'm the only person to EVER experience such a thing.  Anyway, O'Quinn cleans himself up after his latest murder spree and then prepares his next disguise before moving into the meat of the film.  But there is a brief glimpse of his dingly-dangly, his snow-white butt cheeks (pictured above), and his really nice pecs.  Just never mind the blood stains all over his face.  So I have issues.  Are we really so surprised?

But he's also quite handsome (check out those blue eyes) when he turns over a new leaf w/ his new family (Shelly Hack & Jill Schoelen).  I just remember thoroughly enjoying this rare male flesh on my late night television screen.  Thanks Joseph Ruben and Terry O'Quinn for giving a small town, closeted adolescent a little (well, not little) bit of confirmation and a view of the good things to come.  Ahem.

Okay folks.  It's time once again to vote.

As always, I'm making my choice known, and I'm gonna have to go for Mr. Henriksen on this one (although seeing Mr. O'Quinn's pubes and ass made this a tough choice).

Three days before the next face-off!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incest is Best! Stepfather wins.

Anonymous said...

Um, Terry O'Quinn is GAH-ORGEOUS, so wtf are you talking about "not beautiful"? Pffftt. T.O'Q ATW!!

EMB said...

meh, neither does much for me
if we're going for a 'daddy' vs. 'daddy' how about John Saxon (that chest hair!) vs. Craig T. Nelson (that chest hair!)

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!