Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Who is the ULTIMATE 80s Horror Hunk? Boner Five: Ken Olandt vs. Clayton Rohner

I'm behind by a couple of days, but I figured letting the images of Ed Harris and Dennis Quaid wander around in your brains for a little extra time, would not pose an issue.

I had a better showing of voters in the beginning of these battles, and on this last one, only three votes.  Where are you hunk lovers?  *sigh*.  But with that, we can still proclaim a winner in the "Now Household Names" boner battle!  And it's Dennis Quaid (what with his luscious abs, happy trail and overall dreaminess).  Congrats to Mr. Quaid, who has a pretty decent chance of moving far in this contest.  And btw, all three votes were cast for him.

So, we move back into a little more obscure territory with our next round of 80s horror hunks.

It's the "April Fool's Day Pranksters" boner battle.  We're pitting Ken Olandt against Clayton Rohner!

Up first is Ken Olandt.  He was an overall 80s movie fixture, showing up in his underwear in two classic 80s films (are there more?)  SUMMER SCHOOL and the horror flick we'll be focusing on here, APRIL FOOL'S DAY.  I had the chance to meet him once in a Beverly Hills Starbucks and he remains ever-doable.  The first photo posted is of him with our beloved horror heroine, Amy Steel in APRIL FOOL'S DAY.

He has plenty of yummy shirtlessness in this flick (much to the pleasure of me now and especially me at 12 years old).  And the second photo is him in his tighty-whities (although not tight enough).

I'm also including a more recent, very flattering headshot, my autograph from him, and a pseudo-cheat shot of him in a g-string in the aforementioned SUMMER SCHOOL.  We are here for the enjoyment as well, right?

He makes a good impression in APRIL FOOL'S DAY's chalk-full-of-excellence ensemble cast, and you might hope that if you were the Amy Steel character, he'd make just as big a fuss over what your fate may be, when he was stuck in that damned closet during the climax of the film -- unaware of what was going on at that moment in the dining room of Muffy St. John's lovely island home.  What I'm saying, is that hopefully that fiery passion transfers to the bedroom (do I have to spell it out for you?)  And while we enjoy seeing his torso in those not-so-tighty-whities, I'd love to see what he wears these days...IN PERSON.  Ken Olandt, everyone!

And Mr. Olandt's competitor for this battle, is his APRIL FOOL'S DAY cast-mate and fellow 80s-movie staple, Mr. Clayton Rohner.  Rohner holds an extra special place in my heart, as he plays "Rick" in my #13 favorite film of all time, JUST ONE OF THE GUYS (where he is extra special yummy).  In our focus film, he is the sorta-douchey "Chaz", a far cry from the really nice guy "Rick" in JUST ONE OF THE GUYS.  But he's no less handsome and appetizing (minus the spiky 80s 'do).  I also recall an episode of the totally 80s HBO "after dark" series, THE HITCHHIKER, in which he shows off some lovely chest hair, stroked by none other than Ms. Shannon Tweed.  The chest hair is absent in JUST ONE OF THE GUYS, I'm assuming to keep him younger (although no less sexy).  But we do get his follicle forest in APRIL FOOL'S DAY.  It's a good thing, folks.  The first photo is Rohner w/ Deborah Goodrich (his co-star in AFD and JOOTG).  He's got a great profile (and you can see some of that chest hair peeking out) and the hairdo doesn't bother me so much in this pic.  I'm also including (since I did it for Olandt) a more recent photo of Rohner, and with the grey-beard-daddy look he's sporting, I'm not gonna say no to that.  Num.

 So, as I begin the battle with my own vote, I'm leaning more toward Olandt, but honestly, this is a toughie.  Rohner played more of a role in a nostalgic look back to my 80s childhood (I've seen JUST ONE OF THE GUYS countless times), but Olandt has a little more sex appeal (not dissing Rohner at all).  I'll give Olandt the edge here, and cast my vote for him.

Closing out the case for this boner battle, I'm including a photo of the two contestants (will this be the one and only time the contestants are from the same film?  Continue to follow the boner battles to find out!)  Now, do your civic duty, and vote for THE ULTIMATE 80s HORROR HUNK!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Ken Olandt was in my favorite 80s TV series "Riptide" he wins be default.

Unknown said...

Ken Olandt!!

Unknown said...

Ken Olandt!!

Anonymous said...

Olandt! :)

Briar Rose said...

Ken Olandt

Plum said...

Ken all the way! I'm a huge fan of his.

Stacey S said...

I know I am way late to the party here! Loved April Fool's Day and both of the guys in it, but my vote would definitely have to go to Clayton! He was so sweet and adorable here, Just One of the Guys, Modern Girls, G vs E, etc etc.

klugula said...

Stacy S -- so glad you found it. The voting is done, but the fun will go on forever. :)

Anonymous said...

Ken Olandt !!!

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!