Prepare to face the ultimate boredom...
an ongoing description of my life, loves, thoughts, fears, work and lustings.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

2015 To - Do List Extravaganza!

With just 10 days left in 2014, I'm getting ahead of the game, and wrapping up my year's accomplishments, and looking forward to 2015.  Which means, let's first take a look at my To-Do List Extravaganza for 2014 -- and look at each entry one by one.  *swallows hard*  Here's a link to last year's entry!

And then here's the list right here -- and the current follow-up.

1) Third draft of A. FAMILY PORTRAIT (prior to reading)
     THIS IS DONE!

2) Reading for A. FAMILY PORTRAIT
     THIS IS DONE!

3) Fourth draft of A. FAMILY PORTRAIT (post reading)
     THIS IS DONE!

4) Entry of A. FAMILY PORTRAIT in to minimum of 3 festival/competitions AND The Nicholls Fellowship
     THIS IS PARTIALLY DONE!  I did indeed enter the Nicholls w/ this.  And while I didn't move into any quarter, semi or final status, I found out that my two reads (each script gets at least two reads) were both POSITIVE -- just not high enough scores to move ahead.  And I didn't get it entered into anything else this year -- lack of funds.  Sigh.  But one is better than none!  So you know what?  Since the biggie was accomplished, I'm gonna go ahead and count this one!

5) Complete THE 53 ZOMBIE MOODS: A BOOK FOR YOUR COFFEE TABLE (all parts still outstanding)
     NOT EVEN CLOSE.

6) First draft of CLARE, THIS IS JULIA
     Not even a glance.  Lord.

7) Second draft of CLARE, THIS IS JULIA
     Based on #6, what's the answer here?

8) Third draft of CLARE, THIS IS JULIA
     See #7.

9) Reading for CLARE, THIS IS JULIA
     See #8.  Ugh.

10) Completed second episode of STRUCTURE
     Since my relationship w/ my co-writer on the pilot for this project is non-existent -- nothing happened on this          front.

11) Completed third episode of STRUCTURE
     See #10.

12) Complete outline for season one of STRUCTURE
     See #10.

13) Complete outline for ULIFTB
     Didn't even take one glance at this project.

14) First draft of LOTTO
     Did not finish this, or even come close, but I did do quite a bit of work on this piece, most of which I think it pretty darn good!

15) LINDSAY'S LOCKER -- to two festival/competitions
     Again, due to lack of funds, this piece found no contest headway.  However, I have begun a feature version of the script.  So that's something, just not the specifics I wanted late last year.  :)

16) Fourth draft of SILVER SPOON
     THIS IS DONE!

17) FURNISH -- to three adt'l festival/competitions
     Here's that lack of funds.  This did not happen.  :(

18) Write, produce a short film (a few different options -- and of course this is 800 separate steps, but okay)
     This totally did not happen.

19) Produce trailer for TONIGHT I SHALL LEASE YOUR SOUL
     Also did not happen.

20) Take a long-ass (and much needed) vacation!
     Not even close! 

So that means I completed 5 of 20.  Not horrendous, but not a monumental achievement.

BUT!

There were other things that happened which were not on the original 2014 list!

First draft of SPIDER EATERS -- a new feature spec script.  Currently into the second draft!
First draft of DON'T GO INTO THE BABY'S ROOM -- a short spec script.
Shooting script for A GREAT YARD -- a short script I plan to shoot in 2015!
Entered my A. FAMILY PORTRAIT script into the Universal Studios Emerging Writers Fellowship -- currently awaiting announcements!
Got a paid writing gig w/ Best Horror Movies.com -- as a contributing writer, providing reviews, fun feature articles and red carpet coverage for (so far) Screamfest Horror Film Festival (the Sundance of horror)!
Spent the second half of the year working on a fun blog series for klugulablog.  I have currently narrowed down 40 hot men in a voting competition to find the ULTIMATE 80s Horror Hunk!  It's been super fun, and I've been able to communicate w/ several of the actors directly!  
Wrote a fun blog about my top Iconic Horror Images.
Had my first book signing as part of the release for Hidden Horror -- and my essay on Shock Waves!

Oh, and I GOT MARRIED (not a writing project, but an undertaking nonetheless -- in so many ways!)

And so, despite my not hitting all of the goals on the actual list, there were plenty of other quality accomplishments.  

So let's get down to business for 2015.  I'm gonna keep things at 20, but make it more specific.  So they'll be a little easier (and more sensible) to cross off.  I will also be putting similar items into one goal.

1) SPIDER EATERS -- 2nd & 3rd drafts complete.
2) SPIDER EATERS -- Prep for reading / READING
3) SPIDER EATERS -- 4th draft / post reading
4) SPIDER EATERS -- 4 contest entries (including Shriekfest & Screamfest)
5) ME & SIMON BAKER -- new draft / clean-up
6) ME & SIMON BAKER -- 3 final contests before "retiring" script (Night of Terror, Shriekfest, Screamfest)
7) CLARE, THIS IS JULIA -- 1st draft
8) SCRATCHER novel (formerly LOTTO) -- 1st draft
9) A GREAT YARD -- short film (pre-pro / shoot / post)
10) A GREAT YARD -- 5 film festivals entered
11) LINDSAY'S LOCKER -- feature spec / 1st draft
12) ANGELICA -- 1st draft
13) SILVER SPOON -- 5 contests entered
14) THE 53 -- complete or "retire"
15) FURNISH -- 3 more contests entered then "retirement"
16) TONIGHT I SHALL LEASE YOUR SOUL -- trailer (pre-pro / shoot / post)
17) A. FAMILY PORTRAIT -- 4 contests entered
18) THE FRENCH TOAST NINE -- 1st draft
19) Leave behind day-job for full-time writing!
20) MANY VACATIONS!

And so, as with previous years, many of these items require multiple and lengthy steps.  But, I'm determined to do them!  Lots of writing.  And frankly, #19 -- once accomplished, will actually give most of the other pieces on the list, a far better chance to find success!

So here's to you all -- my avid readers of 0!  Best of luck on your own to-do list EXTRAVAGANZA and blessings for a prosperous, productive and happy 2015!

We'll check back on this new list in 12 months or so!

No comments:

a little bit 'bout klugula...

My photo
Hollywood, California, United States
I like zombies...A LOT.

Oh dear Lord! It's the klugulablog archives!